open text

13 January 2007 at 08:51

hot tin roof

My beloved partner has gone to work in Singapore for a few days. I've got the place to myself and the use of her car, and the DVDs of all 3 Black Books series. What a fortunate creature I am, except that I'm actually missing her. It feels odd to go to the fruit market and just buy stuff for myself.




Spent the morning on the roof, repairing last year's Heath Robinson temporary repair. It was only intended to last a few weeeks until I could get a builder in, but so far 3 of them have promised to come but not shown up. It's either racism or a class thing, or else builders here have plenty of work just now.




In the meantime, I've borrowed some college textbooks for trainee roofers, and before the partner returns I may try doing a proper job of it myself.

But now, it's 4 p.m. and we know what that means. Time to down tools and open a bottle of home brew special number 14. As it's been a hot day, I may even dilute the taste and boost the strength with a bottle of Australian beer. Balance is everything. What a fortunate creature I am. Here comes ra beer!

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

No sign of the cat.

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! So you managed to get two bricks on the roof. Well done! Or is this some kind of arts council presentation? Anyway, your part of the Unheard of Island seems to be getting a bit warmer. I may visit once you've drunk all the beer. That would help! Hotboy.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Sorry you miss your partner. I hope your time is relaxing.
Good luck with fixing your roof, and be careful up there. That is a class of work that some of us underwriters in Workers' Comp. Insurance will not write coverage for.
Have a great weekend sweetie!
~xo  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

MM - Has Doviko been cooking any curries?

HB - You wouldn't like it just now - you have to sit in front of a fan with your gear off and a spray of water.

LA - You're right, I know people who have fallen from their roofs. But of course it could never happen to me.  

~

Blogger ion said...

Hope your beloved is soon home safe and sound. What is it about tradesmen? The window guy failed to turn up to fix my 2 yr old problem on Weds, and declines to return calls. Obviously the offer of decent money for a good job done was not enough. Next time I shall answer the door as Diana Dors.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

ion - please blog the result, with pic if possible.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page