open text

08 December 2006 at 23:04

war isnae by disney

I'm losing the will to blog. Partly because it's hard for simple bloggers like me to maintain the narcissism and frivolity, when the world is in such a mess.

So today I thought I would acknowledge the awfuck real world, by running this flash-animated map. It illustrates the history of American war from 1775 to 2006, and runs for about 90 seconds.

It uses pink (republican) and blue (democrat) to try and make a party-political point, but it's more interesting than that.

If your PC is set up like mine, you may have to click "Play" twice to get it to start.

I have shrunk the map to fit my blog - or you can watch the original full-size version at mapsofwar.com.

Sources acknowledged.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Of course, it doesn't work on my machine! Probably due to unsuitable content. Just my luck! At last, a decent video and I don't get to watch it! No help at all! Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

Both the Democrats and the Republicans appear to have completely missed my part of the world. Is that some sort of record or?

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say!

I was so sidetracked by that movie-clip, and the wait to see if Southern Africa was mentioned at all, that I completely forgot why I came here in the first place.

I came to ask you what your current opinion on prosopagnosia was. I ask this because I was down near the market the other day (not the most salubrious part of Zomba), and Cabbage came staggering out of a bottle-store, walked straight past me without recognising me, an continued down the road. He later claimed not to have recognised me at all.

MM III  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - you're probably just lacking the shockwave/flash plug-in. Your browser should have offered to get it for you. Does that help?

MM - I'm not really up on the biology of sphagnum, but I do believe they make whisky out of peat. Perhaps Cabbage had "had a few".  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hey Rob!
I have not been much in a blogging mood lately, but I have missed you.
I hope all is well!
Have a great week!
~xo  

~

Blogger Lil Bit said...

Wow, v. cool & interesting map there.

I understand the need to step away... I'm actually *just* returning from another lil bloggy break myself.

Hope you're doing well.

*hugs*  

~

Blogger Polyman3 said...

Blogging is like life; sometimes it excites, sometimes it depresses,
sometimes it really doesn't matter.
To me it is just a good way to vent...so don't give up.

War- HuH! What is it good for?
To the victor, goes the spoils.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page