open text

07 December 2006 at 07:49

HNT decision-making

On Saturday I travelled 2 hours each way to an all-day party. I hate parties, the only reason I went was that one of the organisers was planning to take all the dog-owners for a beach walk and swim.

When I got to the party, many people claimed to want to go for the walk, but nobody could decide what to do. Everyone kept asking everyone else if they wanted to go. After enduring half an hour of this consensus-based (nonsensus-based) decision-making, I took off on my own with the dog and a book, and lay on the beach while the dog chased waves. Now that's my kind of party.



The picture is from another island and another century, but you get the idea.



Later I discovered that the organiser had indeed eventually led some people on the walk, but he gave them the slip on the way to the beach. Which mental disorder is that?

HNT_1

If you missed previous HNTs, you can access all the old half baked thursday posts here.

Blogger Regal said...

Great photo - Happy HNT  

~

Blogger Randi said...

looks like paradise! hhnt  

~

Blogger Leesa said...

These are great :)
HHNT  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, this looks warm and cozy... I would love to join you there!

HHNT!

Annette  

~

Blogger Wenchy said...

Yeah, does sounds like a good party... although, I am petrified of dogs... so I'll take the book?  

~

Blogger keda said...

ooh look at the sparkleys! i like :)

i can't stand waiting for people to get their arses in gear.

great picture.
happy hnt babe.  

~

Blogger Suze said...

Rob, I love this image. Can you just pass me that instrument. Naughty! I meant the other one...

Happy HNT sweetie ;)  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! What kind of mental disorder does your dog have? Is it a blue healer? Does it try to catch sparks flying off the barbie? I mean, it sounds daft. Why don't you get yourself a hound? Good ones just lie about. A decent dog would help. Hotboy  

~

Blogger lime said...

i hope you didn't get sand up your bum. hehehe. looks comfy though.

HHNT  

~

Blogger S said...

That organizer sounds like a dumbass!
Oops was it you? LOL
I hate group thingies, it just takes forever!

HHNT Sir~  

~

Blogger Schadeboy said...

Hey, that beach sure has nice sand.

Happy HNT.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Heil again! I really did think you were becoming a bit discrete there for a bit. Who's pointing zee camera? Is she in lederhosen? Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeigy! There are things falling down your bloggy. Cross things. Why do they look like pluses? Anyway, it's not me. Have you spent time doing this? You need a proper job, Adolf! Hut Management is the game for you! The blindfolded mother on the hamster wheel, the interior castle in the hut, the howling at the moon. How much would you pay? I think I could clean up here! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeigy! There are things falling down your bloggy. Cross things. Why do they look like pluses? Anyway, it's not me. Have you spent time doing this? You need a proper job, Adolf! Hut Management is the game for you! The blindfolded mother on the hamster wheel, the interior castle in the hut, the howling at the moon. How much would you pay? I think I could clean up here! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Michelle said...

Sounds like a fun kind of party to me....!!
HHNT :)  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page