open text

30 November 2006 at 19:21

HNT appendage DIY memelet

I was tagged by the incomparable Lelly to write "Six weird facts/habits about yourself". I already posted three weirdnesses a while ago, but Lelly tells me they weren't weird enough. Okay, I can't do eye-rolling headstands, but here's one more weird thing.

The Rules: "Post six weird facts/habits about yourself. These cannot be used against you later on! At the end of the post name the six people you will tag next. Leave them a comment to let them know they've been tagged and to read your blog."



Do it yourself. Like a lot of guys, I hate the idea of paying someone else to do something I can do myself. And I'm not talking only about home repairs and electrics.

For instance, the last time I paid someone to cut my hair was more than 20 years ago. I always cut my own hair. I use proper hairdresser's scissors, and two mirrors so I can see the back of my head. Just think of the money I've saved over the decades! Of course sometimes I look like I've fallen under a lawnmower, but what do you expect for nothing?

When I developed an ingrown toenail recently, I used Google to find sites on DIY podiatry, then I fixed the problem myself with a toothpick and an old scalpel left over from when I studied anatomy. Result - I saved the $55 podiatrist fee.





HNT_1

If you missed previous HNTs, you can access all the old half baked thursday posts here.

Blogger Suze said...

Ouch! I had the ingrowing toe nail thing some years ago. You were brave indeed to do your own surgery.

Happy HNT sweetie ;)  

~

Blogger keda said...

ooh i get those.. ouch! but with both hair and toes, and actually waxing, it's no fun doing it yourself..
not only is it harder to inflict pain on oneself, but also you have noone to blame, slag off and swear at afterwards.
that's half the fun of the ordeal. getting to know that because you paid someone you are thoroughly entitled to complain about them!

and i comlain about myself enough already.

happy hnt ya tight basturd ;)  

~

Blogger Regal said...

Happy HNT  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

suze - not brave, just mean, ask keda.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch is right, and brave also! happy hnt.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

ouch indeed and a bit of eeewwwww thrown in as well lol

HHNT!

Annette  

~

Blogger Schadeboy said...

Yes, why pay for it when you can do it yourself? That's my motto.

My wife wishes I would change my motto.

happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Polt said...

ouch! My GOD, that's just....well, as long as it worked for you I guess that's all that matters...

HAPPY HNT! (and good luck with that toenail...)  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Weird? A photie of the severed foreskin would have been weird, especially if you'd cut off someone else's. But being mean? I live in a country full of mean Scottish basturns! Nothing weird about being mean around these parts! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Ingrown toenails? Cut the top of your toenail into a v-shape. Place a bit of bogroll under the dodgy side to lift up nail a little. Leave alone. That'll be 55 dollars please! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hollz said...

OMG!! i had one like a week ago and i was almost in tears trying to get it out.. i know how you feel.. nail files work great as well.
Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger Leesa said...

Ouch on the toe, man.

HHNT :)  

~

Blogger Brown eyed girl said...

Oh good for you Rob! I know that must be painful, but if you were able to fix it, that helps with the savings!!!
Happy HNT!
~xo  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

just hoping you cleaned it first  

~

Blogger Lelly said...

...incomparable eh?? Shucks! :) Mind you i wouldn't mind being compared - favourably! - with say, Angelina or Madge for example. Your pic reminds me of a finger buffet I went to recently, lots of dodgy things on cocktail sticks there too! I agree with Hotboy tho...still not weird enough Rob! HHNT!  

~

Blogger Polyman3 said...

Have a friend that solved his tonail problem once and for all; took a pliers and ripped the whole nail off in disgust.
Your funny & a little weird. I just took the same quiz & I got my own weirdness.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! and Heil! We all know you are normal. Give us a break. Put it onto the young women with the fantastic thighs from cycling and joining in. Also, more sex videos, the stuff with the alcohol free beer and the severed legs. None of this willie stuff and the toenail stuff is helping at all. But good work on attracting the young women to your bloggy. That's very impressive. Bound to help. Have you had a face transplant then? Hotboy  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page