open text

19 July 2006 at 18:11

bliss

I've invested in a wee book about fixing your own neck, with exercises that I have to do every two hours. So far it's working. Huzzah! But it says I should stay off the PC until I learn how to type without looking down.

Being pain free is Bliss. Suddenly, even the most mundane activities are a buzz. I enjoyed watching Teletubbies today, and couldn't understand why I had never watched it before.



I emailed the sick woman I know:

An old friend in Scotland, who has been meditating for twenty years and does several hours a day, has offered to "sponsor" me, in that he'll match every hour of my meditation for you, with two of his own. That's a bargain I can't refuse. So you're in both our thoughts on an ongoing basis, and who knows, it might help a little. Love from Rob McJ.



I shouldn't do this, there's enough cheap shots at Islam on the web already, but here goes anyway. I heard two Muslim jokes today, one of them was told by a Muslim. Can you guess which one?



Islam is actually the most peaceful religion on Earth. Since Mike Tyson became a Muslim he hasn't won a single fight.



A guy goes in an adult store and asks for an inflatable doll.
Guy behind the counter says, "Male or female?"
Customer says, "Female"
Counter guy asks, "Black or white?"
Customer says, "White"
Counter guy asks, "Christian or Muslim?"
Customer says, "What the hell does religion have to do with it?"
Counter guy says, "The Muslim one blows itself up."

Blogger Lelly said...

Hope the neck continues to get better Rob! And those jokes...tsk! :) I'm guessing the Mike Tyson one was told by the Muslim?  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Your comment thing was broken, but ...your neck must be okay now. What are the exercises for your neck? Do you hang a weight from your head and move your head up and down? Mike Tyson used to do that. Do you want to arrange a fight with him down on the beach? That might not be a help. Hotboy  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

HB - I'm at work just now so am not free to hanging things off the body.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

I am glad your neck is getting better. I do feel your pain, I am sorry.
Teletubbies is a little bit of strangeness! Very colorful though!  

~

Blogger keda said...

brilliant! can you send me the books isbn please :)  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

keda and anyone else interested - the wee book is "Treat Your Own Neck" by Robin McKenzie (who also invented the McKenzie roll). The ISBN is 0473002094, or let me know if you want me to scan you a few key pages.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page