open text

12 June 2006 at 22:34

optimism

It's just a few minutes until the insufferables kick off against the inscrutables. An Aussie friend sent me this front-page picture from this morning's Sydney Morning Herald.




I'm not saying the Australians are being too optimistic, but I'll be watching the match in my kimono.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I'm supporting the Aussies and the old country, of course. Show some grit here! The Aussies getting to the quarter finals would be a great success. I'll refrain from succumbing to cheap racism, but if you wanted a bridge built, I'm sure the Japanese would be a lot of help. Hotboy. p.s. Dearie me. I like the Japanese. They're even wee-er than us. Would still beat us at footie though!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - I believe you're hinting that you're supporting England? We'll apply the confessional rules.

I'll show some grit to the budgies. And I'll refrain from sexism, but if you want a geisha, don't go to Kalgoorlie.

I fell asleep when the Aussies were 1-0 down, when I awoke they had gone ahead 3-1 in the last 6 minutes. Who needs my help? Present company excepted.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page