open text

13 June 2006 at 15:52

if I was competitive

If I was a competitive person, I would be posting this Glasgow newspaper article simply to rival hotboy's own allotment photos. He has blatantly revealed where he and my old dear have their assignations.

But thanks to enlightened toilet training I lack the competitive streak, so presumably I'm motivated by some kind of Oedipal thing here.

Either way, this article proves that I was already an allotment gardener, way back when hotboy was still just growing weed in a plant-pot. Give him another 20 years, and he'll be into HNT.




The photographer said "look as angry as you can." I'm the mean-looking gardener holding a rake. You can click on the article to read the story, though I don't know why you'd want to.

Blogger keda said...

i still get no sidebar babe.

anyhowser, allotments rock. nice evidence.

yep you can use my photo- depending on how creepy the post is! if your gonna be saying that i had hairy legs, ommed, and had hippy orgies i might not be that chuffed. i always wax regularly.
just make sure you let them now its just a lookalike!!  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Nil points for this commentaria! Took three goes to get it to work. This is not efficient and doesn't help at all! Hotboy p.s. Yes! You can't believe anything anymore what with these photieshoppie things and all. How you got muscled in between those old boys going out to visit the trenches I'll never know. And I don't want to learn how to either. Did you bury any dead bodies for gangsters in your allotment, if you had one, which I doubt!  

~

Blogger Lil Bit said...

Allotment gardening! Weee!  

~

Blogger Kelly said...

the evidence is clear.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Where did the rent a crowd come from? It's like something out of Dr Who! Good how you appear so singular. You're far too young to be an allotmenteer anyway. Did the old boys think you were after their pensions? I'm sure you're not real in this photie. It's a cardboard cut out, right? This has been a totally weird post and hasn't helped at all. Hotboy p.s Did you have a fancy hut?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Keda - thanks for the feedback, I don't know how to fix that. I'm still figuring out the duplicate comments. About the picture. Agreed. Thanks. And I'll leave out the hairy legs and moustache.

HB - it's always someone else's fault, isn't it? Have you tried defragging your inodes?

Lil - are you psychic? You're channelling tomorrow's HNT.

Myute - thank you, I rest my case.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - isn't it past your bedtime? I didn't have a hut at all, but another gardener built an American Indian hogan, a sort of half-underground hut. He let me use it to meet young female gardeners.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Rob, that is a fabulous photo. Allotments, huts...very cool. I had never heard of them before you and hotboy talked of them. That is one thing that has been so great about the blog. I have met so many interesting people and am able to experience new things through all of you. You, hotboy and MMIII have all brought me great joy.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Lee Ann, I think you yourself are bringing joy into the lives of many people, esp. HB, MM and myself. See you tomorrow.  

~

Blogger Lil Bit said...

LOL! Am I psychic?
Yep. Sometimes. ;)  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! I watched the Germans hun the Poles tonight. Uber Alles! Only the stupid Englanders don't know that the Gerries are bound to win this! Great team. I love Jurgen Klinsman anyway. How we won the war, I don't know. If I'd been the previous Adolf, I'd have won it (because I got taught history)(of course, no holocaust!)(These days, that's so scifi) Anyway, I should ask you now that I can do ra bliss a wee bit what do you want from me? How about: would you like me to try and curse someone? Have you got a photie? It's not an admission of failure to decide to meditate until you get ra bliss. You're not that old yet. You mightlive a bit longer. So you don't want to exist with ra bliss? Obviously, ra bliss is ra bliss is ra bliss. You've got plenty of time. You'vbe got ra brains. You have got no excuse. No, you don't have any excuse because you know that I'm telling you the truth. So you've been given the help. No squealing and wriggling around like the self grasping moron when you get the black spot, please. Just switch off the radio (as they did in the spitfires!) and scream to yourself. This is your last chance. That'll be ten percent, please. That would help me. Hotboy
p.s. Your mum is now happy. We watch the footie together. I think like all women she might be a bit smarter than me.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! You have also brought me great joy! Zeig! Hotboy p.s we should do the up and up. Boosting has to be a help!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - After falling asleep last night in front of the second of three State Of Origin rugby league clashes (for once, Queensland beat NSW so the 3rd match will be the decider), I watched the second half of Germany-Poland from bed before getting up (to spend a whole day at werk in the classroom, whence I pen this - wisely I warned my students to stay in bed and send their work by email).

After 90 mins, everything was set for a draw to make up for 1939, then Germany scored in extra time, thanks to a Pole getting himself sent off for an unnecessary foul. Can you imagine how he feels now?

Are you serious about Klinsman? It doesn't ean Clansman, does it? My late uncle (the same one who will play a vital role in today's - tomorrow for you - HNT) used to detest Jurgen Klinsman as a prima donna with no team spirit. Maybe that's what you like about him?

I appreciated the Calvinist advice - everything's my own fault unless I do the bliss. Yet what's the point in living an extra week if you've to spend it cross-legged doing nothing, and you get varicose veins into the bargain? Surely the screaming is preferable? But apart from that of course you are right.

My standard response to meditators used to be that for me the Tai Chi is a moving meditation, and I still hold to that, except that I never do the Tai Chi any more.

Lil - just wait, you'll see.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - PS - remember everything balances up, so smaryter in some ways means dumber in others. We all have a brain the size of a planet.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Fortunate creature that you are! You will be able to give up everything soon and use your skills to help, instead of all that fannying around, or how you spend your life just now. A complete waste of time. Or existence! You're not that smart! You can't do ra bliss. What is the matter with you? This is RaBlissBlog. YOu can't do it because you don't try. Fung sake! This is not about doing ra bliss really. It's about having the great, big, human mind. And deciding to be an asshole! How can you sit there on the other half of the island and not know anything about rabliss? What are you saying to the penguins? That you don't know? Didn't try? Spent your whole life with your head stuck up your arse? Dearie me! Get up to speed here. You know you're smarter than that. This'll be a help for other flatheids, the ones from the moon. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - technically, this is not Ra Bliss Blog. Not yet, anyway. I don't know, you watch Germany beat Poland and suddenly you're invading other blogs.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - further technical notes, and a koan.

(1) I thought I was helping.

(2) In a postmodern world, everything is a complete waste of time. Or everything is important. Either way, there's no point in doing anything rather than anything else.

(3) Is meditating for the bliss of all living things (which I don't think you are doing anyway, are you?) more important than opening a can of meat for the dog?  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page