open text

09 February 2006 at 20:26

topical HNT



I posted this picture of a gender-bender buddha yesterday. Last night a molotov cocktail was thrown through my window. A bottle of beer actually. It didn't go off, thank goodness. How was I to know that the prophet of Flat Island has converted half the penguins to buddhist fundamentalism?



About those other cartoons. A wise person said: freedom of speech doesn't give you the right to shout fire in a crowded cinema. I'm still making up my mind about that. But natural cowardice tells me I shouldn't post this link to a site showing about 50 pictures of a certain prophet, including the 15 that are causing all the trouble.

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Love this picture, it is really quite beautiful! Rob, you have a happy HNT!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say, old chap, the news about the cartoons has even reached Zomba, where there are numerous Muslims. No trouble though.

I shall make a point of being very polite at the Asian shops on Saturday.

MM III  

~

Blogger S said...

I like that HNT! As for that muslim thingy.....well, hmnnn, it's religion, I don't go there, and, if someone posted the same, on the head of Jesus, it wouldn't have phased me one bit. Freedom of speech, yes!

Happy HNT  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Damn fine looking dog you have.
And stop posting pics of the prophet, dammit, or you are NOT getting your gooey eyed virgin.  

~

Blogger Marie said...

Hey! Thanks for stopping by earlier. This is a unique HNT theme...I really love the picture. :)

Happy HNT!  

~

Blogger MamaKBear said...

Well, now that's different!

Happy HNT and thanks for stopping by! :)  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say.

You appear to have been 'stopping by' in a lot of places, recently.

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Thank God for the bomb! Let's nuke them, Adolf! Nuke Tehran. No oil. Billions die. The earth is saved. (especially for people with their own central heating!). It might seem okay for you, but we've got the gulf stream shutting off up here. Aye! Nuke them. Fancy getting into politics, Adolf? We could really make a difference! And help. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

This blog does not endorse violence, not even by a deity in the name of peace.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page