open text

17 January 2006 at 05:16

endless summer no more

This is the last week of my holidays. Next week I go back to work.

Most people would think: "this is my last chance to do all those things I don't get time to do when I'm working." They'd be running around visiting exhibitions and movies, seeing friends, painting the bathroom.

I think: "this is my last chance to spend a whole week doing absolutely nothing." I believe I may even have discovered a whole new paradigm of sleep - the more you sleep in the day, the longer you sleep at night.

I first learnt the American term "goofing off" when I spent a fantastic summer in Michigan with my dear aunts and uncles. This is me goofing off at age 11 with my Aunt Ina in Detroit.



Incidentally, my uncle's camera captured my overdeveloped right arm muscle, as you can see. I suppose an 11-year-old boy would have been exercising his right hand quite a lot. Fortunately, the other arm compensated by becoming withered and puny. Everything balances up.



Goofing off picture courtesy of Picasa

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hahaha, you have me laughing...about your "right arm"....very funny.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! That can't be your auntie Ina! If it is, that would explain a lot! Did you go to the Henry Ford museum? That would have helped with the fascism. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! I think I've got the hots for your auntie! This is more like it!Weird reverbrations from the last days of the Weimar Republic.I think I might have been Rhoem. Rohme. R.. the brownshirt boy with the background in Uruguay. The gay thug. Yep! Your auntie. Decadent or what! My heart is aflutter. I could certainly help her. Hotboy.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

LA - I suppose that's only fair, after your blind man puzzle.

HB - Aunt and Uncle did indeed take me to the Henry Ford Museum. I recall nothing about it now. But I'll do a photopost some time about all the wonderful things I do remember.

Glad you like Aunt Ina, but you do realise she's not a brownshirt, don't you? She's from the Ibrox side of the family; they were all shipped off to the States when they got RDD.

RR - Thanks, I've had plenty of practice. I'll look and see if you've posted another Tom instalment.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! And Zeig! Your auntie Ina is not much older than you. Wicked looking woman. Easily seen that the grass is fake. God knows what happens next. Glad I wasn't there to help. Is she still alive? She could take me out if she had any money. God, I could smile for a woman like that! Hotter than usual Boy.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Ibrox? I might have known. Huns to the bone!! This also helps explain a few things! Hotboy  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page