open text

22 December 2005 at 16:42

HNT 10 - self examination

There is no greater delight than to be conscious of sincerity on self-examination.
-- Mencius


I should have known right from the first day at the conference that my own star billing was jinxed.

On the first morning I had got stuck in traffic, so by the time I arrived flustered at the venue, the conference was already starting and everyone else was already seated in the lecture theatre.

Someone handed me a name-badge, and to avoid missing too much of the first presentation I tried to pin the badge to my chest at the same time as I raced to the toilet to take a leak.

Standing at the urinal - hurry! hurry! - I wrestled the badge one-handed to pin it to my shirt, but after a few attempts it still wasn't straight.

So I had a brainwave - hurry! hurry! - waddle over to the mirror, adjust the name-badge, then finish my pee.

Which is why the guy who came in the gents at that moment took one look at me apparently admiring my willy in the mirror, turned and went back out.

If he was one of the conference organisers, that would explain why my own paper was then mysteriously "dropped" from the programme.



I cheated this week, that's not me in the last picture.

If you missed previous HNTs, you can access all the old half naked posts here..

HNT_1

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Mayhap a slight case of he protesteth too much about this one, I fear. Is this not another facet of this exhibitionist thing which has surfaced now and again on this blog? Do you like people looking at you, Adolf? Remember Nuremburg! Heil! I hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say Mr Robmcj!

When attending large public fora in foreign lands, I always take my red neckband with me, and hang the name-badge from it. This avoids puncturing expensive shirts and fiddling with safety pins.

However, I visit Open Text to invite you to have a stab at answering a literary question over at my blog.

Are there turkeys on the UnHeard of Islands?

MM III  

~

Blogger MomThatsNuts said...

LOL I love it....nice dramatic recreation....

Happy HNT

Mom  

~

Blogger Aisha T. said...

LMAO! That is hysterical! Talk about being caught with your pants down!  

~

Blogger Robin said...

What a horrific tale! It sounds like a moment in the life of Larry David. Bless your heart, and HHNT.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

haha, I was wondering who that was in the picture. I knew it wasn't you!
Good story though!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page