open text

18 December 2005 at 13:32

going off at an inconvenient moment

This is nothing to do with the previous post. It's so hot here on the UnHeard Of Islands, that a whole barrel of beer went off while it was brewing. I had to pour it all down the drain. That's 70 bottles' worth!

The yeast was mugged by the wicked spoilage bacteria. Just when I had finally whittled my stash of 200-odd bottles down to the last half-dozen, through a rigorous program of after-work drinking. Now suddenly I'm going to run out of beer at Christmas. Funny how everything balances up.

I may even have to buy a six-pack or two to tide me over till the next brew comes to fruition. All that tax money going to the government, it's almost enough to put you off drinking.

Of course, I have already sterilised all the equipment and kicked off a new brew. You have to get straight back on the horse or lose your nerve. This batch should be ready just in time for New Year.

Meanwhile, the person who encouraged me to start drinking seriously this year has himself given up beer. I see his plan - drag me down to the gutter, then use me as a stepping stone on his way up. I'm always happy to help.



Thought for the day: "Omit needless words"
Vigorous writing is concise. A sentence should contain no unnecessary words, a paragraph no unnecessary sentences, for the same reason that a drawing should have no unnecessary lines and a machine no unnecessary parts.

--William Strunk, Jr., 1918

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I fear the redback tboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! I fear the redback ... something weird happened in bloggland there and the comment disappeared!! As my agent in the Southern Hemisphere do you think I should go through my blog and delete all the posts I wrote when I was pissed? So when I start levitating and you make us all rich selling the video, people will look at the blog and think I was nice and send us more money. The worshipping classes don't like pissheads. As far as your brewing is concerned, you could always start on the pink, sticky stuff. Cover the cesspit first. This would help everyone within eyeshot. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - good plan. We just need to identify which are the posts where you come across as a nice person. Lee Ann is probably the person to ask, she seems able to see your nice side.

I hope this helps.

CF - strewth, is there anything Spud doesn't know about? Can you ask him what quantities to use? And does it have to be sober piss?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

After studying Lee Ann's film technique, I was inspired to produce a short dramatic feature.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Oh, that was a cute film. Make sure to tell me before I drink a beer if it is one you have brewed! haha  

~

Blogger Stone said...

I will be back to visit you. thanks for stopping place  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! What a fantastic movie! There might not be any reason for being at all of course! In which case, you might as well get into ra bliss because it's the bestest place to be. I hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Checked out the Stone blog. The boy's from the Bronx. He's seems like a romantic. He works out. Interesting blog. The Bronx. Wonder what he thinks of Mike Tyson. He's from the Bronx. Everybody's heard of the Bronx, but nobody's heard of the Unheard of Island! Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page