open text

24 December 2005 at 08:44

final preparations

Christmas Eve is such a busy time for everyone, last-minute shopping. I'm so lucky I had the foresight not to have any friends, and to live 12000 miles from my family - shopping problem solved without even leaving the house!

Here at Spud's mum's place in Sydney, we're over the riots now, and more worried about bushfires. Today's forecast is for hot gales - 38 degrees, bone dry and windy, so we may have a ringside seat for some spectacular bushfires, accidental or otherwise. Hotboy would love it here, he'd have no problems raising heat. I've wrapped wet towels round the barrel, with a fan playing on the towels, so at least the yeast should survive even if we don't. What can go wrong?

I had hoped to to fly up to Daly Waters on Boxing Day, but what's the point when there's a total fire ban in operation, and no chance of being allowed to light a barbie with Carsey and Spud?

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Spud's mum says it was bound to happen one day, ever since they let those refugees into the country, back in 1770.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow, Riots and bush fires. Sounds like you have had some excitement. Have a Merry Christmas!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Carsey, you're so lucky you weren't here - they closed the bottle shops altogether. Spud's mum spat the dummy when he asked her for a loan, but I could forge her signature on a cheque if he wants. Ask Spud.

Ray Ray, let me know if you ever want to use my address as a cover. And can I pretend to live at your place if my family ever wash up on the island?  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page