open text

04 October 2005 at 11:01

middle age upside

I did the usual bushwalk this morning, dressed like crap in my dog-walking gear. One of the great things about middle age is you no longer care what you look like. Of course the downside is that your partner may not care what they look like. Once again, everything balances out in the end.

Another disadvantage of being middle-aged - you can't afford to go jogging and have sex all on the same day. Not unless you can afford to take the next day or two off to rest. Trust me, I tried it. Hotboy tried a variation that he calls the Lewinsky snake. Now he's taking two days off to recover. See what happens?

This blogging thing is getting out of hand - I have had to restrict myself to visiting just a few favourite blogs, otherwise I'd have no time left for the essential things in life. Like washing all the windows (for the first time in seven years) to impress the out-laws. Also bottling beer and so forth. I'm hoping the outlaws will help me drink the last few bottles of Pelican Peculiar. I need the empties for bottling the next brew.



Dish of the week: shark and vegetable stir-fry, on a bed of mashed potato, topped with some crispy-fried crushed garlic. I might make it again for the outlaws.

Tune for the day: Hocus Pocus - Focus. The perfect combination of musical technique and stupidity.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Heil! Saw my friend Jared at the weekend. Mentioned you. He said: Is that Adolf who made the home brew? Nothing changes, eh? He remembered from 1975/76. That's a lot of beer ago. Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Just occasionally, I get the feeling that commenters just use my posts as a place to have a shout of their own, without reading any of my pearls of wisdom.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Hope you still come visit my blog Rob! I have grown quite accustom to you and HB. MMIII is also quite interesting. I know what you mean, it has gotten to the point of not being able to do much other than blog!
Shark? I have never had it. Is it really good? The rest of that dish sounds delicious.  

~

Blogger zomba said...

There are no sharks in Lake Malawi, so I won't bother asking Doviko about a recipe. However, his smoked smoked kampango is wonderful, so I'll ask him about that.

A giant snake in the Lake is reputed cause of earthquakes.

MM III  

~

Blogger zomba said...

Mr Robmcj,

What are the road conditions like in the UnHeard of Islands, Mr Robmcj?

Are they as bad as this or this?

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! Yon fish fits in with dietary rules for almost any religion i.e don't eat the uglies! Lee Ann: I always visit your blog. Adolf! Heil! The pearls of wisdom are wonderfully received, but what happened to the women in the brownshirts? Samsaramom's link to the cleavages changed my sexual orientation immediately. Brownshirted maidens could change my political views forever. Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Woke up this morning. Can't believe what I saw! 100 million bottles washed up on the UnHeard Island shore.

Comments can make my day. Especially when the commenter has read some of my verbiage.

LA - shark is one of the nicest fish - it doesn't fall apart in the cooking, yet it stays tender and juicy. They say it's also good for the .. you know.

MM - Thanks for the pictures, they're almost as good as your rusting bulldozers. We have few road problems on UnHeard Island, actually there are no roads, and no cars. There's nowhere to go anyway. The money I save on petrol goes towards brewing, and enables me to work just 2 days a week. Poor Lee Ann has to work extra hours to pay for all her car repairs.

I think you're saying the double-smoking improves the kampango. Whereas not smoking is helping Hotboy. Once again, everything balances up in the end.

HB - thanks for both the reminders. I forgot to explore Heather's link at the time. I think I was still overcome by the multiplying mice. I'm a bum man myself, but it is quite an eye opener, there are people there with only two nipples. When it changed your orientation, which way was that?

And I regret the brownshirt scarcity, I have added it to my list of essential computer maintenance, to be done while the outlaws are here.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Heather - about the cleavage site. Is there an equivalent site for men's wedding tackle? I've got some pictures I'd like to submit. For a friend.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

My site is a bit different than yours, but just as entertaining and educational, I run a average penis size related site pertaining to average penis size related articles.
http://www.mens-health-products.us/average_penis_size.php  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Wow, that's what I call targetted spam.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page