open text

03 October 2005 at 10:36

manly jazz

It's a public holiday here today. Actually, most days in my life are like a public holiday. But today I get to join the toiling masses on their day off, at the Manly Jazz Festival.

It's at a place called Manly, on UnHeard Island. If you are coming, here is a map.



To get your bearings, just remember that the cave-dwelling buddhist hermit lives on Flat Island with the native Flatheids.

Avoid Flat island if you can.



If I get any decent photos, I'll post them here later.

Blogger Hotboy said...

Adolf! Zeig! Flat island doesn't look very big when I open my eyes. I think with global warming, I might be in trouble with it being flat and all. Island Games are being held every year in Orkney or Shetland. We could send a team. I don't know if goosestepping is a recognised sport. Can you do anything else? Hotboy p.s dog walking isn't a sport either!  

~

Blogger zomba said...

I say Hotboy - if its flat, then I assume there must be a good 22 yard strip for a wicket. What's the pitch actually like? Do penguin droppings have any effect on spin?

Or is it named 'Flat' simply because of all the flatheid occupants?

MM III  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Mingin! The flatheids on Flat Island spend almost all day playing creekit and drinking beer. Unlike the big girls who normally play this sport, they find it more fun in a force nine. Drunken flatheids in a blow never hit the baw at aw! Hotboy  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Wow! That is awesome that you get a holiday for a jazz festival. I wish we had that holiday! HB lives on Flat Island?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

HB - we'll invite the games here for next year, that way we get to introduce goosestepping as the new event. As for this year - could you be our entry in the upside-down lotus? Or is there an eyerolling event?

LA - I used to be able to see him through the telescope, but there's been no sign lately. The pile of empties at the cave mouth has been the same size for weeks now. Either he's left or he's deep in the cave.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page