open text

21 September 2005 at 16:11

unheard of beauty

I thought I had an essentially happy life, until the whining black dog came to my door last week, chewing an irradiated bone.

For some years, I had been congratulating myself on my achievement. After a lifetime of experimentation, I had hit upon the ideal levels of exercise/homebrew/Somaloft, combined with a careful reduction in the quantity and quality of my working life. I had found the formula for the optimal steady state of contentment. Like the guy in American Beauty. UnHeard Of Beauty.

I had even started looking to the future, wondering whether I should perhaps start building a pension for my retirement. Thank goodness I've had a wake-up call just in time to save me from financial responsibility.

It's 3 in the afternoon. I started on the Blues Healer a bit early today. Normally I insist on waiting till 4pm before opening a bottle, you have to set some sort of standards.

I knew an alcoholic who kept drink in her house but never drank alone, because then she would have felt like an alcoholic. Instead, she went to the pub all night every night. Social drinking, you see, doesn't count. Neither does drinking while you blog. I learned that much from RaBeerBlog.

Blogger Hotboy said...

The Irish like to drink and so do the Scots! And so do the Germans. In fact, it's their fault since they make such wonderful bottled beer. Even on the Unheard of Island they make beer! But there's no alcohol in yours, is there, Adolf?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

It's still not ready to bottle, but I think you're going to like it - 5% alcohol, and made the German way, with masses of extra malt but no sugar  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

The great thing about the Unheard of Island is the wonderful sky. And the wonderful beer and the homegrown grass. Have a skinful and a toke and lie in the garden staring up at the sky. Are there not fifteen billion galaxies in the known universe? You'd be able to see past the beginning of time when your granny was a light beam. You would! I'm telling you. Hope this helps. Hotboy  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

hmmmm....I want to try one! That sounds interesting. I am not much of a drinker (not to say I haven't done my share)but it sounds interesting. Have one for me!  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page