open text

05 August 2005 at 13:19

the emperor's new program

While unable to sit at the PC for nearly 2 weeks due to a beer-related injury, I rediscovered the pleasure of writing with old-fashioned pencil and paper.

In the weekend newspaper I saw this review, written without irony by a computer journalist, of a new piece of software:

"OneNote was developed by a smart team of developers within Microsoft, and it's a shining example of what the company is actually capable of producing.

OneNote works a bit like a plain-paper notepad. You can write anywhere on the page, draw and highlight things, and once something is written or drawn it is there permanently, with no need to save it."

A computer program that behaves just like a pencil and paper! I checked the publication date in case it was April 1st, but no.

At the relevant Microsoft page we are invited to "Try OneNote now: no download required" (just provide your own pen and paper?)

Or if you want to fix the bugs in the original version, they say you should "download OneNote Service Pack 1 (SP1)".

Blogger Hotboy said...

Aren't dese de kinda tings dat Robots like?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy. not me. robotmcj  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy - PS, I don't understand the Irish accent. robmcj  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

way to melodramatic!  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

dennis. Thanks for your feedback. May I recommend some other reading you might enjoy?

Benjamin Franklin's "Way to Wealth"
The Dalai Lama's "Way to a Meaningful Life"
Tsung Hwa Jou's "Dao of Taijiquan: Way to Rejuvenation"

Let me know how you go. Way to go! robmcj.  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Fantastic! I have gained ability of posting on this site by mental deliberation on its own!I think Brian Wilson has adopted my persona again. He's going to meet with a nasty accident on the Unheard of Island quite soon if this doesn't stop! Hotboy (the real one!)  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

The real me now! The Real McCoy (title of a book what I wrote) comes from the boy who captained the bootlegging boat. It used to park (anchor?) off New York. Not a lot of people know that. Hope it helps. Hotboy  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page