open text

30 August 2005 at 20:51

15 seconds of fame

I found a blog running a competition for the scariest comment about spiders, so I copied and pasted my own recent spider story at the end of all the other comments at Sloth's blog.

Sloth was kind enough to take back the trophy from the previous winner, and give it to me. Thank you Sloth. And I'd like to thank all those who made this possible. My loving wife, etc., etc., but I couldn't have done it without the spider that bit me in the night.

Blogger Heather said...

Shudders...did you furiously check your bedding for said creature? I don't think I would have returned until the place was fumigated.

I had a Korean student who was bitten by a 2 foot centipede. I saw such a beast up close. And it would send your puny funnel spiders running in mortal fear. It was uh-glee.  

~

Blogger Lee Ann said...

Whoa! I can't believe that was someone from a support line. You were lucky.... ewww, I hate spiders.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

Two-foot Korean centipedes, that is long! But once again Australia can beat that, there are earthworms up to 8 feet long. As you can imagine they like to stay well hidden underground, if a bird sees one it's fast food for an entire flock.

Heather. Just for the record, unforunately funnel-web spiders don't have fear, they're naturally aggressive, and will try to attack anything of any size. They rear up on their back legs and keep striking. I discovered this when I once tried to provoke one with a (very long) stick.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page