open text

04 May 2005 at 10:24

age 1


 (click for full size photo)

Alright, this is an experiment. I was aged 1 in this picture, too young to remember anything, and if I can't find something to say I'll take it off again. Any ideas?

Blogger Hotboy said...

Is your great auntie dressed as a Rhine maiden? She must have been a nazi. If she lived through the second world war no wonder she looked sullen!
The sink the kid is in is straight nineteen canteen. They don't make sinks like that anymore!  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Robert, any idea about attaching a counter to your blog? I went for Blogpatrol which immediately collapsed. Also, should this counter code be put in the template bit? Hotboy  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, yes, i suppose the aunt's clobber is a bit wagnerian. Fortunately the nazi genes seem to have skipped my generation, as I prefer mahler.

You've got me looking into counters now, how am I ever going to get on with my so-called life? I suppose I'll need to fit a counter myself, to count the pedos viewing my bathtime pic, I'll get back to you when I figure it out, watch this space.
robmcj

PS who is this "Robert" fellow? there's nobody by that name here in the Unheard and Mcdonald Islands.  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

hotboy, yes you're right, the javascript code they give you at blogpatrol has to be copied into your template, as I notice you have in fact now done, well done. I did the same thing here, it seems to be working okay and coping with the reader traffic. Good luck.
robmcj  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

RobMcJJ?
Blogpatrol is no working. Collapsed. A no working collapsed thing. How can it be coping with anything? Hotboy  

~

Blogger Hotboy said...

Blogpatrol is working. It is not collapsed. It is a full functioning wonderment. It said 8 people came to my blog. What for? That's the kind of thing I've been wasting my time on. Surfing blogs! Hotboy.  

~

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gosh, what a great picture of you in the sink! Who took it, I wonder? Do you remember the occasion, or the house, at all?  

~

Blogger onan the bavarian said...

The sink was in an Ibrox flat, my first home in Scotland though i don;t remember it. My dad would have taken the picture. Did I say "my dad?" I normally refer to him more distantly, as my father.

My only thought about photos from that period is: I was a hyper-compliant kid (despite sharing a birthday with Adof Hitler), so how did they get me to be so quiet? In later life I observed how my father would "calm" young dogs with the aid of a stick, and I know that he learnt most of his parenting skills breeding spaniels before I was born.  

~

Post a Comment




Who Links Here
Who Links Here (short form)

Where people click from:
Locations of visitors to this page